KOTA KINABALU / TAMPARULI TOWN / NABALU MARKET / KINABALU PARK / PORING HOT SPRING & CANOPY TREETOP WALK / KOTA KINABALU
- Upon pick up from the hotel lobby, you will be whooshed straight into Sabah’s lush countryside– with a couple of interesting pitstops along the way for some famous local eats, handmade folk souvenirs, and perhaps a taste of some exotic fruits.
- The first ½ hour drive ushers you through scenic landscapes and lush paddy fields laced with rustic local villages and finally into Tamparuli Town. Take a walk on the famous “Jambatan Tamparuli” suspension bridge and soak up the small-town charm.
- Continue your journey through the mountainous roads winding along the Crocker range for another hour, till the next brief stop at Nabalu Handicraft market. Nabalu is a rustic point perched on the hillside, where the local natives gather to sell local produce, fruits, home grown vegetables and handicraft souvenirs.
- Upon arrival at Malaysia’s first ever UNESCO World Heritage Site, Kinabalu National Park, you will notice a cooling change in the air temperature. Set at 1,500m above sea level, this 754sq kilometer park features one the Tallest Mountains in all of South East Asia as its center piece – Mount Kinabalu. Rising at 4,095.2m with cloud-hugging peaks that shade the valleys below, the majestic mountain is certainly a sight to behold from Kinabalu National Park.
- Kinabalu Park itself boasts an estimate of 4,500 species of plants which include 1,500 species of orchids, 77 of which are endemic to Kinabalu. The park also supports 289 species of birds and 290 different types of butterflies. Enjoy the refreshing and cooling air as you proceed for a guided walk along the nature trails in the Botanical Garden, to learn more about the Kinabalu Park’s biological treasure trove. From carnivorous Pitcher Plants to rare Orchid species, the garden showcases a broad collection of endemic plant species found in Mount Kinabalu’s unique climatic zones.
- Proceed for lunch at the restaurant in Kinabalu Park.
- Depart on another hour’s journey to Poring Hot Spring. Now it is time for a soothing sulphur bath in the Japanese-styled open air tubs! Dip in the all-natural mineral-rich hot springs water, surrounded by beautifully landscaped gardens. There is also a cold water pool nearby for those who prefer a cold dip.
- Day 1 wraps up with an immersive exploration of Mount Kinabalu’s treetops. The Canopy Treetop Walk invites you to witness the grandeur of a hundred million year old rainforest, from a 105m length walkway suspended 30 meters above lush jungly tangles. Take in the sights and sounds and discover unique rainforest creatures from a bird’s eye view. Also, keep an eye out for some rare feathered beauties. A 20 minutes hike is needed to reach the Canopy Walkway.
- After a relaxing soak, bid Kinabalu park goodbye as you return back to your respective hotel.
~ END OF TOUR ~